The official website of the Northshore Tea Party, the official Tea Party organization of St. Tammany, Washington and Tangipahoa Parishes in Southeast Louisiana.

Forums

Forum Home > Healthcare Reform > Summary of Health Care Reform Bill

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

For summary of bill, click here.

July 29, 2009 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

I spoke to Senator Landrieu's office today. I was told she supports the "Healthy Americans Act." Still doing some research on this plan and how it differs from the other health care plan being discussed. If anyone knows more about this plan, feel free to post details here.

--

August 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GOOOH daddy
The acid test for any of there national health care bills is there anywhere in it that specifies that members of congress will be covered by the legislation just like the rest of us? If the answer to that question is no, then I cannot support it. My real fear is that any government run health care program will suffer the fate of most government run programs and become inefficient and a buracratic nightmare.
August 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kathleen

Go to the Southshore Rally on Saturday from 5-7pm. There have already been nearly 100 people RSVP. 

Attend and bring others! 

The larger the crowd, the bigger the statement to Landrieu, Melancon and Cao.

August 19, 2009 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kathleen

northshoreteaparty at 09:09PM on Aug 10, 2009

I spoke to Senator Landrieu's office today. I was told she supports the "Healthy Americans Act." Still doing some research on this plan and how it differs from the other health care plan being discussed. If anyone knows more about this plan, feel free to post details here.

I went to the gathering at her office last Friday. There were two ladies there with separate appointments to talk to Landrieu's staff. They were not in the office or just not responding at the door. All calls went to voicemail.

August 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

I keep calling the office numbers. The New Orleans number is usually busy, and the Baton Rouge number keeps saying it has been disconnected. I had to call the Washington, D.C. number last time just to get someone. They keep saying "she will be having some townhalls near the end of the month. The dates and locations haven't been finalized. It will be posted on their website and in local media." Basically, they keep putting me off. They probably won't promote anything until the day of the townhall, if then, to keep people from knowing anything about it. I will keep checking and let you all know when I learn more. If you hear anything before then, please use the "contact us" page of this website to let me know and I will pass it on.

--

August 20, 2009 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

I found a website that summarizes all the health care reform ideas currently being discussed. Useful resourse.

It is on the Conservatives for Patient's Rights website at:

http://www.cprights.org/plans.php

--

August 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

Please see our *News/Legislation Page* for more up to date info on the bills, which ones are being supported by which representatives, etc.

September 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.